Hello everyone! I rarely wear maxi dress even though you all know how much I love the dresses. I always thought maxi dresses were made for taller ladies. Since maxi dress is so versatile, I decided to give it a try. I have to say that I love the result of it – maxi dress creates that romantic and flowy look which flatters all body types. It can also be styled in so many different ways – with sandals for now or a pair of tall boots when the weather really cools down. As you can see here, I also added a skinny belt to define my waist and add a little bit more curves :). Who would know leopard and green go perfectly together too, right?
Hello everyone! I love wide-leg pants as long as I remembered. These classic and tailored pants are perfect for the office (with a button down shirt and blazer) or after hour drinks (with a silk cami like the one I wore here). I know in the recent years we all have been wearing skinny jeans and pants too often but to me I feel like wide leg pants are the great alternative to dresses. I pretty much wear dresses all year long (yeah I am a dress girl as you already knew :)) but I find wide leg pants are just as comfortable and flattering to wear comparing to dresses. While I like low-rise ones, the high-waist wide leg pants are my favorite. For this 5’3″ short girl, the high-waist pants with high heels create the illusion that my legs start at higher point – that means longer legs and you know I love that :).
Oh one more thing – how cool is this blazer which can also be worn as a blouse! Multi-use pieces are always the best ones in our closets!
Thanks for reading!
Happy weekend everyone! With cooler weather approaching, our favorite fashion topic is about “the transitional pieces” and soft trench is perfect for the transitional weather! The lighter weight coat made of soft fabrics like silk, cotton or satin is perfect for not so cold temperature and also creates that easy chic look we all want to achieve.
When I was looking for the soft trench couple of weeks ago, this beautiful grey color one from www.makemechic.com caught my attention right away. The color, fabric and style are exactly what I was looking for. I can easily toss it over a sheath dress like the one I wore here or over a tee and a pair of denim for a casual weekend look. By the way, all the pieces at MakeMeChic are designed by themselves so every piece they carry is one of a kind!
Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by as always!
Hello everyone! Can you believe we are only 3 weeks away from the start of fall? That means it’s time to think about fall fashion – sweater dresses, bomber jackets, duster coats and list goes on and on… When I stumbled upon The Tickled Pink Boutique which is an online clothing store founded by two moms Nikki and Sabrina, I thought this wrapped in Aztec Sweater Cardigan which comes in both beige and black colors would make a great essential piece for this fall. It’s lightweight which is perfect for early fall and also a great layering piece for cooler temperature later on.
When moms Nikki and Sabrina founded this cute online store, they understand the stress of taking your little ones to the store while looking for a cute outfit. I am a mom and honestly do most of my shopping online so online boutique like The Tickled Pink Boutique definitely makes moms’ life much easier! Check them out ladies as you won’t be disappointed by their cute collection and great customer service!
Make-up by Sara Getz from Makeup Artist of Houston
Have a great week everyone! Thanks for stopping by as always.
Hello everyone! Growing up one of my aunts was my total “style icon”! She was always wearing those beautiful feminine dresses and I told myself that I wanted to be her one day :). When we walked into our local vintage store Cheeky Vintage (thanks to the referral by my beautiful blogger friend Alice from www.longstarlookingglass.com!), the first thing came to my mind was “These are my aunt’s dresses!”. We were there literally for hours to look through their beautiful collection which includes the designer pieces from 40’s to 90’s. And they are all in perfect condition like almost new! One of my favorite fashion magazines Lucky Magazine shops there – that tells you that Cheeky Vintage is truly a vintage gem.
This beautiful green dots dress is one of many caught my eyes. I am sure you all agree how elegant this dress looks. We follow trends but at the end of the day “elegance” never goes out of style!
While we were walking through the beautifully decorated Cheeky Vintage store, I also felt the rich history behind every piece no matter it was a silk dress, vintage coat, scarf or a piece of fine jewelry. I am a very modern girl when it comes to fashion but I loved mixing my Cheeky Vintage finds with my new pieces – it makes a very unique combo.
If you ever visit Houston, Cheeky Vintage is a must visit spot as you won’t regret it. They also have an online store where you can find one of the kind pieces as well.
Thanks for stopping by as always!
Hello everyone! Yes I am a dress girl especially for the fit & flare dresses! Fit and flare dresses have been around forever and made a comeback to the fashion world in recent years. This classic 50’s style silhouette is also called “Skater Dresses” which are extremely flattering on all body types. I love how it makes my waist look smaller and legs longer – hey this is so important for this short Asian girl :). I came cross this mixed-print fit & flare dress designed by Ted Baker recently and am absolutely in love with it. I can totally play with the fun prints here and mix & match with different colors of accessories for all occasions. The rich and darker prints are even perfect for early fall if I add a denim or moto leather jacket!
What’s your favorite dress style, ladies? I would love to hear yours if you could leave a comment here.
Thanks for reading everyone!
Hello everyone! We had the pleasure of visiting one of the most beautiful islands on earth – Kauai, Hawaii for our summer vacation last month. We’ve visited other Hawaii islands in the past but Kauai island is by far our favorite. From picturesque beaches to countless beautiful waterfalls spilling from the cliffs in deep green valleys, no words for us to describe how beautiful Kauai is except a “wow”!
We loved everything on the island but there are some personal favorites of ours you definitely should visit if you ever go to Kauai:
- Lumahai Beach – This picturesque beach with long stretch of white sand is located in Hanalei Bay of the North Shore and the subject to many postcards and gallery images. We seriously visited this beach twice in one day so now I hope you are convinced how beautiful it is. Even though the water was very calm during our visit, we were warned by locals this might not be a safe swimming beach due to strong currents. It’s definitely a very romantic sunset watching and beach strolling beach;
- Anini Beach – This miles long quiet and beautiful beach is known for snorkeling especially in some shallow water area. Anini Beach is also well known as one of the safest and most protected beaches along the North Shore;
- Poipu Beach – This beautiful and family friendly beach is the most popular one located in South Shore of Kauai. It was named the “America’s Best Beach” by Travel Channel. The reason why I loved this beach so much is the “Baby Beach” located the west of Poipu Beach. Baby Beach is a sweet little protected cove perfect for young children. This tiny beach has very calm and shallow waters making it an ideal choice for kids so the adults will be able to relax as your little ones splash around the ankle-deep waters;
- Waimea Canyon – It’s located on west side of Kauai and known as “The Grand Canyon of The Pacific”. This “geological wonder” stretches 14 miles long, one mile wide and more than 3,600 feet deep, the Waimea Canyon Lookout provides the amazing views;
- The Bistro – We ate at this beautiful restaurant where serves the pacific cuisines with a bit of an European touch after we visited the Lighthouse where is the northernmost point of Hawaii islands. What a pleasant surprise – the food was as good as the beautifully decorated place. I ordered my usual island favorite – “Local Rice Bowl” (I seriously lost the count how many times I ordered this delicious dish.);
- Kauai Marriott Resort – I saved the best for last as our stay at Kauai Marriott Resort was definitely one of our best experiences on the island. This beautiful resort is only 2 miles from Lihue Airport and uniquely located in Kalapaki Bay. One of the largest family friendly pool overlooking the ocean was on our daily agenda during the stay and is definitely one of our favorites. Of course we are still talking about the yummy breakfast buffet every morning at their Kukui’s Restaurant! All these pictures here were also captured on beautiful Kalapaki Beach.
Photo by Mallory Francks Photography
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you loved our Kauai Travel Diary!